POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Declaring blob components ? : Re: Declaring blob components ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Declaring blob components ?
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 28 Feb 2000 14:47:41
Message: <q6klbskh7njnqkf39c6mhvk9q8b0hdrfo4@4ax.com>
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:51:17 -0000, "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandluforce9couk> wrote:

>I'm having the same problem as Moon47.
>
>Do I take it from the various answers given that it is not possible to
>declare a whole blob component?

What do you mean by "whole blob component"?
Blobs can be as complicated as you can devise them.  You only have to see H.E.Day's
images
to see the power of blobs.  Run the code I gave in my answer to Moon74 to see just one
blob.

In one blob you can keep on adding spheres and cylinders with positive and negative
strengths to add or subtract from the final shape.  These spheres and cylinders can
also
be distorted by uneven scaling. The individual components in a blob can be given
different
textures and this can all add up to a fiendishly complicated object.

On top of this you can use csg to carve out or to add bits.

Alright, I've convinced myself, I must start to use blobs :-)
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com